Pages

Monday, February 10, 2020

Very difficult to buy a Tesla Certified car

3 days ago on Friday morning at about 9AM I saw 2 Tesla certified cars about 400 miles away. There was no phone number to call. Only 2 choices.

1 pay a deposit
2 Request a call back with your name, email address and phone number.

I had questions and so I submitted a request for call back.

As of now, no acknowledgement even by email that I wanted call back. No call back.

Is this typical?

Here is update. At about Noon on Monday I received a voice mail regarding the car. By then I had my car repaired and I was wondering if I should delay buying another car given the slow response by Tesla and new models such as Ford Mach E, Rivian R1s looking very attractive.

On Wednesday night almost 4 full working days from the time I contacted Tesla, I received email with phone number to contact.

As a sharp contrast, when I bought Lexus certified car last time, I saw the car was available 1hr away. Called at 9AM on a Saturday. Paid cash and drove home the car by lunch time. In this case if Tesla answered on phone all my questions on Friday morning and followed up with email immediately, I could have flown on Friday and if I liked the car, I would have driven back 6 hr 400 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment