Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

Replaced Google Voice obi110 phone service with Phonepower. $60 per yr US unlimited.

I decided not to wait till May 14th when Googlevoice will stop working
on obi110 using XMPP for free voice calls within US. I accepted the
promo by Phonepower for obitalk customers.

The sign up took few minutes.

I forwarded googlevoice calls to my googlevoice "landline" number to
phonepower.

On phonepower, I used my googlevoice "landline" number as outgoing caller ID
for people to see.

I made calls to my googlevoice "landline" number as always and it ran my phone at home as usual. When I did not pick up, it went to my googlevoice number. So, I guess it seems to work for now.

I get 60min of international calls free which I probably use. Those are worth 2cents a min to me. So, my effective rate is less than $4 a month. As a side benefit, I get E911 which I did not have earlier.

I wonder if Google will lose some business (mostly international calls)
and drop the prices.

Well, only thing guaranteed is change in technology...



No comments:

Post a Comment