Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Internet is necessary evil. How do you keep track of passwords?

The default passwords used have already been hacked.

Most average users who buy a router just push all the buttons and accept default password I think. 

One option is totally free. I used it for at least 10 years.
 I recommend using the free gorilla on PC, Mac, Linux and passwdsafe on Android, pwsafe on IOS. In all the cases, the password file can be saved on dropbox which is also available on PC, Mac, Linux, Android, IOS. You have to remember 1 password as a minimum. I have used PC, Linux, Android platforms myself.

If you want to get commercial password manager, the cheapest one is Lastpass. Lastpass also has a free version you can try. I know people using Lastpass for a long time. I don't have first hand experience with it.

I understand that there is more sophisticated one called Dashlane and bunch of others. Take your pick but you do need a password manager.

Average user has 2 email accounts, Netflix, 1 or 2 banks, 1 or 2 retirement accounts, cell phone, Wirelss router, Home automation and security, Travel sites, Credit cards, Brokerage, internet service provider, atm pin numbers, security locks pin numbers, Utility, AAA or AARP, Auto Insurance, Health Insurance, Airline freq flyer, Car toll payment, . Home owners need accounts for Water company, Trash company.

You get the idea?


 


No comments:

Post a Comment