Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Global Entry card. Experience in applying for it - Part 2

Our interview times were 6:45pm and 7pm on Sat Jul 16 th at SFO. We were then at 6:25pm. At 6:30pm, both of us and another person with interview time at 6:30pm were called. Essentially the questions we already answered on the application were asked and the original documents we mentioned in the application were required. Finger prints and photos were taken. We were told that we were conditionally approved and the email with official approval will come in 24hrs. The emails arrived 2 minutes after we walked out. We were told that the global entry cards would come in 3 weeks. They came in 3 working days on the following wednesday. We were told that the card is valid for 5yrs. I was pleasantly surprised that it is 5yrs from my birthday next yr. I guess I got bonus few months this one time. I was told that when may passport is renewed, I just need to stop by any of their offices and when they come to call people for interview, they will allow me to come in and link my new passport number and expiry date to the Global entry. Also, I was told that renewal is online and interview is required.

I will write a part 3 of this blog as a travel domestic and abroad and see how it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment