Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

Beware of calls from Windows Computer Maintenance department saying that your computer has virus.

Just got a call from 776-500-2921 claiming to be Windows Maintenance Department. The caller Annie Perira claims that she is based in Atlanta, GA and representing a company called Global Service Provider for Windows Operating system. They also do not want to give their phone number. They claimed that a computer registered to me just downloaded a virus. This is a scam. DO NOT FALL FOR IT. None of my computers is running windows at the moment. I plan to report this to Microsoft.

When I try to use caller ID to return the call, I get the message "Your call cannot be completed as dialed". I am sure that all the info I was given was fake.

I suspect that call originated from India. Listen to the youtube audio on this link.
http://www.zeropaid.com/news/98757/psa-the-computer-maintenance-department-scam-calls/

I reported this matter to FTC.
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov

No comments:

Post a Comment