Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Is Automatic driving assistant gen 1 unit unreliable in connecting to bluetooth?

It happened again. When the phone was in my left pocket and I was in the car, Automatic App did not indicate that I was driving when I pulled out of the garage. I unplugged and re-plugged Automatic gen 1 into the OBD 2 socket and it recognized that I was driving. Definite firmware bug in bluetooth pairing. I hope you fix the bug or recall gen 1 units and replace them with gen 2. Gen 2 unit works fine on Samsung Galaxy note 3 with lollipop. Gen1 unit seems to have reliability issue in connecting to Marshmellow or the bluetooth in LG G4.

I was promised a 20% discount on a gen 2 unit which sells for $89 it seems. Still waiting....

"Glad you got it working again! Sometimes the Bluetooth pair does fail and creating a new pairing by running setup will help. Careful with the Ebay Gen 2 purchases we hear all the time that those sellers send Gen 1s or simply buy from us and resell after a sale. Gen 2 adapters are $89 on our site right now and I am happy to send over a 20% discount code if you want."

The right thing to do is fix it as a firmware bug in gen 1 or recall the gen 1 unit and fix the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment