Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Replaced broken CCFL LCD display with LED display on 2010 Asus laptop K52F-BBR5.

About 1 year ago, my dog ran into the power chord of my wife's Asus laptop and it fell down and display cracked. She was using it with a external monitor.

Here are the Photos

I ordered a repalcement lcd screen for $60 on E-Bay from Boston Computer Pros BCP Inc

They shipped it by USPS Priority mail and I got it in 2 days.

I used a video to remove the old panel to replace it with this panel.

It was easy to remove the panel using a Phillips screw driver.

Problem was that this was LED panel and what I had was CCFL panel. When I wanted to return using e-Bay, Marc responded instantly and said that the CCFL panel can be replaced by a $160 CCFL panel on back order or with LED panel and an adapter board to replace the inverter used by CCFL panel. He offered it at his wholesale price of $30 instead of $40 and shipped it as soon as I shipped back the panel and sent him the tracking number.

In 2 days I received the LCD panel and the adapter. Problem was that I was unable to connect the the CCFL to LED adapter to the LED panel. In fact the connector broke and also a metal strip on the panel broke. When I called, Fumio answered, saw the photos and offered to send me a replacement CCFL to LED adapter and panel already attached to the panel. It arrived in 2 days,

See the photos, It worked great. Total cost $110. Replacement cost of equivalent computer is about $400.



No comments:

Post a Comment