Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Home Wifi suddenly unstable? It could be your microwave.

You probably noticed that your wireless internet can suddenly be intermittent.

This morning, I was using my computer at home to listen to TV audio using Slingbox which was also on my home network. Suddenly the audio become choppy and picture was freezing. I heard the microwave running in the kitchen and asked my wife to shut it off as a test case. Bingo! wireless was great. Then I swapped the Panasonic Inverter NN-SA651S 12.4Amp microwave with a Sharp Carousel microwave and the problem did not occur.

So, before you replace or move your router, check your appliances for interference. It could even be a blender or any small appliance with a motor controlled by electronics (not a good sine wave).

No comments:

Post a Comment