Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

I cleaned 24 Solar panels in 30 min. See before and after pictures, power gen.

I have Asphalt composition shingle roof on 1 story ranch home
slope probably 20% and easy to walk on.

I have a ladder for easy access. My detergent was generic household
dish washing detergent which is safe enough for hands.
Mop is also a $10 mop with changeable pad.
I use a trickle of water from the garden hose to rinse the panel, apply the detergent on the pad and wipe the panel, then rinse it off.

Panel before cleaning:
Panel after cleaning (about 30min for 24 panels)

Not exactly the same angle I guess. Next time I will use tripod.

2 days ago it was a completely clear sunny day like today. Panels were cleaned
between 10:30am and 11am. You can notice the difference in the next 2 pictures. Power generated was about 4% higher. Not bad for 30 min of my time.



No comments:

Post a Comment