Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Had real success in restoring the bounce in Tennis balls.

I have been using Penn Championship Extra Duty for many years.

I came up with a marking system of 1 bar per 1hr of tennis rally. In Fremont, CA where the temperature on the court between 8:30am and 10:30am is about 50 to 60F in winter and 65 to 80F in summer, I noticed that the bounce is good enough to use for about 6 hrs in summer and about 4hrs in winter. As winter is approaching in mid October, last week I did 3 things.

1. Put 1 Silicagel packet in each 3 pack can and put the cans in the house instead of leaving it in the Garage.

2. At 8AM, I put 6 balls on a plate and put them in a 1000Watt microwave for 1 min checked them (not at all hot) and then 1 more minute.

When we stopped playing tennis at about 9:45AM the balls certainly had more bounce than they had when they were opened the first time!

I will update this as I gather more experience. Till then happy bouncing!

No comments:

Post a Comment