Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

T Mobile CEO does mean business when he wants to remove pain points.

A while back in Aug 2014, my wife's phone got a software update and we got a huge bill. I wrote to John Legere, the CEO of T Mobile an email
"My first shock came when I saw my phone bill was 30% more and there was no change in my calling pattern.
My second shock came when I discovered that 2 calls of 50 min to India cost $100. I swapped my phone and I made the mistake of making those calls without setting Google Voice to make International calls which would have cost me 2 cents a minute.

Really! 100 times more? Obviously you are entitled to charge what ever but this is beyond ridiculous."

I got a phone call from the Executive Response team about 4hrs later. Problem solved. See the blog.

Last month I saw that I did not get the promised 15% corporate discount we get because my son, an authorized on the family account works for an eligible company. He called and we got credit. This month there was no discount. Apparently for new subscribers they stopped offering corporate discounts but existing customers are grandfathered in. My son was required to re-verify his employment to continue the corporate discount by a deadline and was sent an email and text reminder which he believes he did not get. He called customer service and asked for a supervisor and he was told that he did not re-verify in time and so he cannot get the corporate discount.

I decided to got to the top again with an email on Sunday afternoon.
"You were responsive in the past and not the customer support. We had 5 lines on xxx-xxx-xxxx since June 2013 and paid over $6k in monthly fee already. My son  yyy-yyy-yyyy who is on the same plan was given 15% corporate discount and we were grand-fathered in. Yet we were denied the corporate discount for frivolous reason that we did not re-verify the corporate discount. My son spoke to a so called supervisor who claimed that an email and a text message were sent asking us to re-verify. My son never got any reminder and neither did I. Now you are asking us to pay 15% more very unfairly.

Hope some one has the authority to re-consider and honor the discount."

On Twitter someone responded and said that they would try to restore the corporate discount by Wed and thanked us.

In less than 24hrs, I got a call from the executive office and they not only restored the corporate discount but decided to totally waive the monthly bill due this month as a gesture of customer relations. I told that they did not have to do that but they insisted on doing it. We will be with T Mobile for sure. Hope the same customer service continues. I do hope that they make it simpler to continue the corporate discount to avoid this next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment