Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2014

An example of Big Brother Amazon.com censoring the reviews.

My review:



2.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with some routers?, August 21, 2014
By Srihari Kotcherlakota "Hari" (Fremont, CA)
(REAL NAME)   
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Belkin WeMo Insight Switch, Control Your Electronics and Monitor Energy Usage From Anywhere with the Home Automation App for Smartphones and Tablets, Wi-Fi Enabled (Electronics)
I had to replace my router with Asus RT-N66U 802.11N router. Just 7 months after I bought, this switch will connect to the Smartphone with great difficulty after a reset and then it will just not connect properly to the router. It shows up as a connected device in the router but does not communicate with the App or respond to "ping" from any computer in the house. I spent 2hrs myself and 4 hrs on a chat session.

They offered me 2 ways to get exchange.
1. I ship the old unit at my cost and give them my credit card for replacement unit. They will ship in 2 to 3 business days and then I would get it another 3 to 4 days later.
2. I ship the old unit at my cost. They will ship the replacement unit in 2 to 3 to business days and then I would get it another 3 to 4 days later.

When I complained that after spending 6hrs to trouble shoot, the least they should do is send me a shipping label by email. I received the shipping label 2 days after I called and I shipped it on saturday. They may receive it today Thursday and then send me a replacement. If it does not work, I will test it with another router and return it or just sell it on Craigslist for someone who wants a new unit without paying tax or waiting for 2 days.

smartthings sells a hub for $100 and this kind of switch for $50 but it actually works with many off the shelf z-wave or zigbee sensors. You can read my blogs at hari dash google dash blog dot blogspot dot com...
 
Amazon's respinse:
Thanks for submitting a customer review on Amazon. Your review could not be posted to the website in its current form. While we appreciate your time and comments, reviews must adhere to the following guidelines:
We encourage you to revise your review and submit it again. A few common issues to keep in mind:
  • Your review should focus on specific features of the product and your experience with it. Feedback on the seller or your shipment experience should be provided at www.amazon.com/feedback.
  • We do not allow profane or obscene content. This applies to adult products too.
  • Advertisements, promotional material or repeated posts that make the same point excessively are considered spam.
  • Please do not include URLs external to Amazon or personally identifiable content in your review.
We welcome your honest opinion about products - positive or negative. We do not remove reviews because they are critical. We believe all helpful information can inform our customers’ buying decisions. If you have questions about the product or opinions that do not fit the review format, please feel free to use the Customer Discussions feature on the product page.

No comments:

Post a Comment