Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Did you wake up in the morning and found garage door open?

I went to the garage to get food for our 3yr old princess German Shepherd Ziva and garage was much cooler than usual. Of course the door was open for a while.

I asked my wife and assured me that when she came home before midnight, she pushed the button to close the door. My in laws were home and my wife her mom. He mom said, " I saw  a blinking red light near TV". My wife asserted that something strange happened and the door opened. Now that is scary, right?

So, I start investigating. Blinking red is my gadget which got a signal from a garage door sensor that garage door is open. Then, I open an App on my phone and find out that the garage door was opened just before mid night and closed when I closed it in the morning. I open another app which showed a photo of my wife's van entering the driveway before midnight. Then I open a video captured by the same camera showing her van enter the garage and later at night 3 cars drove to the end of the street only to make a u turn and the morning newspaper delivery person.

Mystery solved. Call it humor with technology.

This morning my mother in law heard Ziva bark furiously near the front door. She came running to see the Amazon delivery guy dropped a package and knocked on the door. My mother in law was suitably impressed and felt safe. Since we did not open the door, decided that the guy who knocked was a bad character. Now that is a great non-tech alarm. All that is required is lot of pampering, feeding and of course taking her out to walk...



No comments:

Post a Comment