Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

Installed Samsung Smartcam HD video Surveillance cameras.

I bought 2 of these Samsung SmartCam HD Pro 1080p Full-HD Wi-Fi Camera

Step 1.

Connected camera to power near my wifi router just be sure to connect. Installed Smartcam Android App on my phone.

Step 2.

Pushed the wifi direct button on the back of the camera and followed instructions on the Android App to find the camera to connect to. Connected the phone to the camera. It then asked me to chose the wifi network to connect to and asked for the password. It connected and I could see the camera.

For security reasons, I will stop here. Post a question if you know me and I will tell you more. You can read the info on Amazon website. I can say that I can easily know when motion was detected and actually go and check the video before and after the motion. Photos are preserved online in case someone tampers with the camera which is inside my house but monitors all access. I like this better than Dropcam (I did not try) because it has pretty much the same features plus the ability to use optional SD card to record a local copy and no monthly fee. FYI, 5GHz has very limited range. There is also wired network option which I may use if I need to. Not hard to bring a wire near the camera.

One limitation I did not like. Online video is 720p as seen on Android. Using a PC or Mac or VLC media player on any platform, 1080p video live can be seen. Recorded video is 720p which is not bad. Enough to identify faces and license plates.


No comments:

Post a Comment